The team of the “Ukraine: Winterize Homes” relief project started to work at the beginning of October 2022. During the first month of project implementation in Ploske village, Kyiv region the [...]
About the project
“Ukraine: Winterize Homes” international relief project
“Ukraine: Winterize Homes” international relief project is aimed at improvement of the welfare of the residents of Ploske village, Kyiv region, who suffered from the russian military aggression, by providing immediate social humanitarian aid for the households to winterize for 2022-2023.
The intense military escalation of the russian federation military invasion of Ukraine, which has lasted since 24 February 2022, has resulted in the loss of life, injuries, and mass movement and displacement of civilian population internally throughout the country (IDPs) and to other countries, as well as severe destruction and damage to civilian infrastructure and residential housing. The armed violence escalated in at least eight oblasts (regions), including Kyiv region and the capital city of Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Kherson region as well as Donetsk and Luhansk regions which were already affected by the war conflict with Russia in 2014.
The war of russia against Ukraine continues to impact the welfare and living conditions of millions of Ukrainians. The humanitarian needs of people affected, those on the move and internally displaced, are critical. Trauma care, primary care, essential medicine, medical supplies, and repair of damaged and destroyed residential houses are urgently needed. As the hostilities continue to develop, the need for humanitarian aid will only continue to grow especially in winter.
- To analyze and evaluate the condition of the residential houses in Ploske village, Kyiv region in order to categorize the needs in repairs;
- To provide social humanitarian aid for repairs, in particular, for windows installation, partial roof repairs, and heating systems installation.
- Provision of humanitarian aid to install windows in 20 residential houses;
- Provision of humanitarian aid to conduct partial roof repairs in 10 residential houses;
- Provision of humanitarian aid to install heating systems in 10 residential houses.
Project implementation period – October-December 2022
The Project is implemented in cooperation with the Kyiv Church of Christ and financial support of “HOPE worldwide” international charity organization (USA).